During charging and discharging, the ambient temperature should be in the range 5° C – 35° C. Use of the battery at very low temperatures (below –10° C) may result in a severe loss of output.
The battery has a deep-sleep mode and switches itself off after 72 hours unless it is inserted into a power pack so as to protect it against deep discharge. In this way the energy stored in the battery is retained even after months without use.
To wake up the battery after 72 hours without use, press the “On” key on the battery’s front panel.
The type of battery used does not have a “memory effect”, and so does not have to be discharged regularly. It is however important to remember that the battery must not be discharged too far. The unit switches off automatically when the battery voltage is too low. However, because there is a small leakage current even when the unit is switched off, we strongly recommend that the battery is recharged after use. The battery should be removed from the unit during long periods out of use.
In particular, please observe the following important information on the subject of care and maintenance of the battery:
Charging the battery:
- The battery can be charged either installed in the unit or outside it.
- Before the first startup, we recommend that you fully charge the battery.
- We also recommend that you recharge the battery immediately after use, even if it is only partially dis- charged.
- When a lithium battery is recharged immediately after use, the charging time can take up to 1 hour longer due to the inner temperature of the battery still being too high. The battery monitors this temperature and automatically initiates the charging process.
- Disconnect the charger from the mains supply at the latest after 6 hours. Normally, the battery pack is fully charged after approx. 2.5 hours.
- avoid discharging the battery completely!
- Always store the battery pack fully charged.
- When not in use for a longer period of time, store the battery pack separately from the power pack. A stored battery pack should be fully recharged at least every 2 months.
- Store the battery in a cool and dry room.
- Regularly used batteries attain an enhanced power output (more flashes).
- The battery does not show any „memory effect“ i.e. even when it is only partly charged, it can be used without problems and does not need to be regularly discharged.
Environmental protection information:
At the end of its useful life, this product may not be deposited in normal house-hold waste but should be brought to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic appliances.
The materials are recyclable according to their markings. By re-use, recycling, or other form of re-utilising old appliances you are making an important contribution to the protection of our environment.
All our electronic waste is disposed off in an environmentally friendly manner and as per the guidelines of the Indian Government. We also help our clients dispose off their e-waste in a responsible manner. (click here to know more)
If you have any doubts or need more information, please feel free to email me